Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spoiler Warning: Special Edition Number One: Miles Morales-Spider-Man

Spoiler Warning
Special Edition #1:  Miles Morales aka The All-New Spider-Man





I've been really vocal about this in my facebook and my twitter and with anyone who will listen.  There is a new Spider-man in town and it has me all kinds of excited.  I'll be at work all day,so I won't have a chance to write up my full opinions until late tonight, but I just wanted to make sure some basics were covered.

1.  This is the ultimate Universe.  Not the main marvel universe where Peter Parker is still alive.  The ultimate universe is a contemporary side universe created by Brian M. Bendis in 2000.  It started with Ultimate Spider-Man number one and about two years ago revamped as Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
2.  This has been in the pipeline by Bendis for about a year now, since Donald Glover revealed he wanted to be in the running for Spider-Man.
3.  The New Spider-Man, Miles Morales, is Half black, half hispanic.  His hispanic side is Pureto Rican.  Spider-Man died and this kid, this thirteen year old kid stepped up as a new Spider-Man.
4.  While he debuts here in Ultimate Comics: Fallout #4, his origins and actual series will begin in September with Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #1. 

I'll be more specific later, and I'll give a full review of his debut.  And I'm going to fully discuss my anger regarding some of the reactions people have had.  And I fully intend to express just how pissed I am over the audience that feels that its rude to white comic readers.  But that's not till later.  But it will show up in this very spot.  So stay Tuned.

No comments: