Saturday, August 28, 2010

Outsourced; A twiter review

I've done these on occasion, but I think this one will be easier to follow along. Effectively this will be my impressions of the movie as I had them.

I'm not even 5 minutes inot this movie and it has skipped a great opportunity for conflict...I'm going to be pissed aren't I?

Holy gods. a movie set in india with actual Indians in it? Holy shit. Maybe this has potential. And somenamed Matt Smitth. a doctor maybe?

8 minutes into this comedy and I have my first laugh. Oh boy./

More missed opportunities. This movie also seems to confuse unfortunate with funny.

so much bathroom humour. This movie is killing me.

What the hell? Making fun of sexual orientation? Skipping over great moments of conflict, and great humour, and instead using potty humour?

There is some great humor that comes from knowing indian culture and how badly this guy is putting his foot in his mouth. But some of the--

--Other humour is just atrocious.

So the first major plot point is that he should learn Indian culture? Wow. Balls.

Oh goddess no. Please Do Not Tell Me that the rest of this movie is the same two jokes repeated but about different moments of culture.

Those two jokes are A) the aforementioned potty humour and B) the aforementioned cultrue conflict. I.E.--

confusing the terms Condo, Condom, Rubber, Eraser. In reverse order.


Wow, a real plot point. I'm a little shocked. I think there is the making of a good movie in here, in just needs to be better.


Okay, the day of holy scene was funny.

Holy fuck, they are doing a sitcom based on this show. That has potential for brilliance! So checking that out.

This moment can be summed up in one word: Cow.

Huh. As this movie aproaches something of one culture learning from another the film becomes far better. Maybe since there are two--

--writers that the crappy one took care of the first 30 minutes and the rest of it is this other guy who might have talent, maybe.

So maybe at like the halfway point the movie started changing its tone to EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

To be honest, I'm a little sad it's a NBC sitcom, this could have made for a great USA original series

Which since I don't watch a lot of USA series on a regular basis, I can say they do often put out quality shows with strong characters.

I kind of wish this movie spent more time dealing with Asha and Todd and Puro. They are the most interesting characters.

See now that's the kind of awkward that when used sparingly works. A man and a woman are forced into the Kama Sutra suite.


It just stopped being awesome when he actually says this is awkward. Though the irony of asking Kali to destroy something only to be --

suprised when it happened was a fantastic moment.

um random ass makeout/sex. Durr what? This film wasn't a romcom. But it just magicaly turned into one. I'm less impressed movie.

This is the most awkward flirtation scene ever, and I love it. Damn it movie, you are so inconsistent.

It's like the film just became a third different movie. This one, a romantic comedy.

"Do you love him?" "(deadpan)Not yet." such fantastic dialogue. I love these little gems of brilliance.

Allright, something I haven't mentioned. I love the acting in this movie. I really would hire all of them for different roles.

At some point I want to write characters who are Indian so I have the potential to have these levels of quality.I need to see more bollywood

and now we get a really cool, dark, almost introspective moment of epiphany. Love it.


Woah boy, movie just shifted so that I'm no longer as cranky. Hot damn, I think i'll be recommending this film.

Okay, this time the Sex makes sense.

Wow. I think I really am turned into liking this film.

I don't think I've 180'd on a movie like that before. That was... quite impressive




And a little note since I tracked down the author on twitter:

@jeffcoat Just saw outsourced, and loved 90 percent of it.Thanks for making the movie.Its nice to have a good movie every once in a while


On one last note, I notice that this movie functions in the same way that Garden State functions. In time I could see this film making my top 20 portion of my film list by this time next year. I need to buy this dvd.

HIGHLY recommended.

No comments: