Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A loveable Bunch with a forgettable plot - A review of the Losers

This is going to be pretty quick. As a blu ray, the audio and video were high quality but the features were just kind of Meh.
The movie itself however is a lot like Sherlock Holmes. I say this in that I really like the casting and the acting. In this case Jeffery Dean Morgan and Chris Evans shine like the truly under utilized stars they are. The rest of the cast are all very charming and have a great team dynamic. I found most of the humor of this team to be really strong and the villain had some really comedic moments.

The plot leaves something to be desired. It's a variation on the A-Team plot and is overall just bouncing from action set piece to action set piece. The final overall conflict wasn't something to write home about. In fact in general the action won't wow you, but you will be entertained.

What this movie has that puts it in the same category as Sherlock Holmes is that I want sequels. I want these guys to be playing off each other in other categories of action. I want to see bigger movies with these characters in it. I want some of the other guys to get character development and I want future storylines to take from the comics too. Give these guys the Losers 2 and I think they will have a solid movie. You can watch this movie and you'll have a good night.

I'd give this movie a Solid B-. The plot is forgettable but the characters are strong for an action movie. I'd put this film on par with Die Hard 2-4.

No comments: