Friday, August 27, 2010

My Pull List

So anyone who is a fan of comics has likely heard of a pull list. Typically it is a list that your Local Comic Store(LCS/LCBS) is given by you to be pulled each week.

Well I am expanding the definition to include movies and Television. So here it is. The definitive list of the books are curently reading, the shows I plan to watch. The movies I'm eager to see, and the OGNs I want to read.

Some other terms that might be helpful to know:

Graphic Novel: This is typically a collection of single printed issues together in a collection. Though sometimes its an original story not printed elsewhere.

Original Graphic Novel(OGN): This is an original story printed for the first time as a Graphic Novel instead of single issues.

Trade Paperback(or Trades): Paperback version of a graphic novel.

Hardcover: Referring to hardcover graphic novels.

Tradewait:Tradewaiting is when someone chooses to specifically not read the single issues. Most common example(aka largest fanbase that does this) is Fables.

I also want to note this was inspired by Rich George of IGNComics, blog article about what he plans to watch this upcoming fall.


Firstly Comics I will read no matter what:

Ultimate Spider-Man

X-Factor

Scarlet

Casanova

Buffy Season __

Generation Lost

Grant Morrison Batman(Batman and Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, the return, Batman)

Avengers: Childrens Crusade

Steve Rodgers:Super Soldier

Thanos Imperative


Books that I think are good reads currently:

Tony Daniel Batman

Captain America

Daredevil

Nemesis

Thor

Flash



Books that I am curious about(these are books on my pull list that haven't existed enough in a consistent quality for me to make a strong judgment on):

Hawkeye and Mocking Bird

Secret Avengers

Superman

WonderWoman

Shadowland:Powerman

Shadowland:GhostRider

Shadowland:Elektra

Ultimate Mystery



Books that I really should read as storyarcs/trade wait but don't(but are still great reads):

Fables

Walking Dead

Invincible Iron Man


Books that I read but aren't nessicarily great nor horendous:

Jericho:Season 3

Green Lantern

Uncanny X-men

Ultimate X



Books I want to be good but aren't:

ShadowLand

Avengers

Jurassic Park:Redemption

Avengers Prime

Brightest Day


Books that I tradewait:

Y the Last Man

Ex Machina

Powers


Books I'm about to start reading/excited to start reading:

Fantastic Four

Incognito:Bad Influences

Kick Ass 2

Loki

Ultimate Thor



So that's that list. I'll expand this list at

geekcorereview.blogspot.com/

with film and television later, but for now, that's comics for me.

No comments: