Friday, March 16, 2012

New Scoring System


Beginning in 2012, I've changed my scoring system to be a 100-based system.  This scoring system is not your standard 100-based system, but instead will use appropriate benchmarks to utilize the entire spectrum.  The aim is that the 50 mark will be Average.  The plan is to give more weight to 7, 8 ,9 and the basically impossible ten.  Furthermore, the review itself needs to reflect the benefits and weaknesses of the game/movie/comic.  Next, Despite having a rating, the review should be more important to you than actual score. 
I will also be including a blurb with the score to reflect a hate/dislike/meh/like/Loved.  Hopefully these two systems in conjunction with each other will better reflect my tastes.  Why?  Because I sometimes Love games/Movies/comics that I'd rate a 3, and hate movies/games/comics that I'd rate an 8. 
Finally, I will not be making any projections about what will get reviewed or forgotten.  It'll be solely whim based.

No comments: